This week on The JSA Blog, we’re sharing some news based on what we are seeing in the current marketplace.
Most of us have dealt with various forms of stress, anxiety, loneliness and mental fatigue well before the pandemic began in 2020. While the pandemic may have exasperated these issues for many, it also brought these issues to the forefront and began a powerful conversation that had been previously ignored for far too long. Mental health is now a front and center dialogue, and it’s leading to people learning all sorts of new ways to cope.
The pandemic has brought on a long list of negative repercussions, but one of the silver linings that has emerged from the global public health emergency is that many organizations are now prioritizing their employees mental health. A substantial 18% of the US population has suffered from anxiety disorders, which means if you are suffering, you are far from alone. The reality is that many people in your life, from colleagues, to family and neighbors, have been through similar struggles and are also learning ways to cope and improve their mental health.
According to Fast Company, here are the top 6 ways to help reduce your anxiety and boost your mental health:
- Use deep breathing methods to calm down
- Shift from the negative to the positive
- Journaling – write down all your thoughts, feeling, emotions, worries & fears. Get them off your chest.
- Focus on what you CAN control, and release everything else
- Face your fears. Exposing yourself to the things you afraid of will alleviate the power and control they have over you.
- Don’t overthink things
For more details and to read the full article from Fast Company, click the link below!