This week on The JSA Blog, we’re sharing some news based on what we are seeing in the current marketplace.
In order to stand apart from others in a competitive job market, it is imperative to display that you have the skills that are the most in demand and relevant in the times we are in. With advances in technology and changes to how we work and where we work, the dynamic job market of 2024 requires job seekers to stay ahead by focusing on key skills that employers value.
Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting your career journey, certain skills are crucial for making a lasting impression and securing a coveted opportunity. There is no better time than now to do some self reflection and evaluate where you’re at in these important areas.
According to FastCompany.com, here are 5 essential skills that will help you land a job in 2024:
- Creativity and innovation. Employees are looking for creative employees who can bring fresh ideas and challenge the way things have always been done. Be prepared on an interview with specific examples that show how you have used your creativity to find an innovative solution that positively impacted the business.
- Data literacy and analytical skills. Data is everywhere, and being able to leverage it, find meaning in it, and execute a plan that leads to success based on that information is a top priority for businesses in 2024. If you are able to show that you not only have a general understanding of data and its importance to a business, but that you can find specific actions to take based on the analysis of that data, you will position yourself as a top candidate for the role you desire.
- Adaptability and resourcefulness. The world and the workplace is rapidly evolving these days, especially in the span of the past 5 years. So it’s no surprise that being able to adapt to changes is an essential skill that employers will be looking for in 2024. Being able to adapt signifies to employers that you have an open mind and can use it to think of new and creative ways to find solutions and improvements to the way things are done.
- Problem solving and critical thinking. Your life is filled with external factors that are impossible to anticipate. We are all presented with unforeseen challenges on an almost daily basis. Your job is no different. That is why problem solving and critical thinking are always sought after skills by employers. The key now is to be prepared at an interview with tangible examples of how you’ve used these skills to positively impact a situation in a previous role.
- Understanding and awareness of sustainability. In 2024 and beyond, the environment is a front and center topic that isn’t leaving the main stage anytime soon. Having an awareness of the environment and eco-friendly practices is important as many businesses are recognizing their place in working towards creating a healthier environment for us all. Having your thumb on the pulse of this important subject will show you are a forward thinker who is able to adapt to changing external circumstances.
For more details and to read the full article from FastCompany.com, click the link below!